Friday, November 11, 2011

Parenting is the scariest thing, but most rewarding.

Don't get me wrong. Since my daughter was born she has been nothing but amazing. Despite giving birth at what is considered a young age, she is my little miracle. Let's backtrack:

Ever since I was diagnosed with Crohn's disease at 16, I've always wondered if I could have a baby. Or at least safely. You see, my paternal grandmother, who also has Crohn's, had uterine cancer not long after having my father. I sometimes feel like I could have the same health problems as she has had. She's also had breast cancer. She is a survivor, definitely.

After my major surgery this July, I now have more to think about. I can have another baby, but the pregnancy may not be as easy as my last. Random: how weird would my huge scar look with a huge belly?! Heh.

I'm off track here but this is something I definitely wanted to blog about as well. Something "off my chest". More tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment